Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Open links in new window

ARCHIVES

Feedback?...

EMAIL ME or AOL IM ME  

No more format wars!

No More Petitions!

Retriever Weekly Articles

Movies I Wanna See! (UPDATED! Recently!)

        LINKS AHOY!

     SEARCH THE NET

 What did you expect, Jeeves?                DVD/FILM        

 

  Roger Ebert on the Movies

[Roger Ebert on the Movies]

      

                   HUMOR                  (oft inappropriate, natch)        

[Something Awful]

 

 

 The Onion, America's Finest News Source[The Onion: This link required by law]

MISC. KNOWLEDGE

G33KY 5+UFF

TheForce.net

TheOneRing.net

TechTV.com

24 Forum

MISCELLANOUS    

FSHB ;-)

Spinsanity

Wil Wheaton      

Brooks's Site

UMBC: Homepage

           Livejournal

           Forums

Amazon.com

Want your link here? All you have to do is ask...

[Blue Ribbon Campaign- STOP CENSORSHIP!]
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

This page is powered by Blogger. No plagiarism, buster, or I'm callin' John Ashcroft!

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

 

It's sad doing this...

British Artist Matthew Jay Dies at 24


By Lars Brandle

LONDON (Billboard) - Rising British singer/songwriter Matthew Jay died Sept. 24 after falling from a seventh-story window in Nottingham, England, his label EMI said Tuesday. He was 24.

"His act would appear to have been an impulsive gesture following a professionally difficult year and perhaps, a difficult day," said a statement. It is understood that he was alone at the time and no note was left.

Jay's debut album, "Draw," was a critical success following its April 2001 release through EMI imprint Food.


Why should this concern me or you? I don't mean to eulogize... It's just so odd... "Draw" was a CD I won for knowing like, 3 trivia questions at some thing they had at school last year. I felt kind of sorry that they had a stack of this guy's album just to be given away- I guess that made me wary of ever listening to it. I thought I might put it away and never play it.

I remember how bad a day I had had when I finally decided to put it in my CD player, and... Well, I'm sure just by the fact that I'm posting this, you already can tell that I was quite taken by Matthew Jay's record. It's a really charming, happy, uplifting album, and it's such a shame that its author has left us. And it's unfortunate his work didn't get the attention it deserved while he was still around. R.I.P.

Matthew Jay: Draw

0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

_________________________________________________________

Want more coagulated brilliance? (And who doesn't?) Then go to the archives and read the oldies to your heart's content. Don't like this blog? Click here to move on to another... Come on back now, ya hear?