Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Open links in new window

ARCHIVES

Feedback?...

EMAIL ME or AOL IM ME  

No more format wars!

No More Petitions!

Retriever Weekly Articles

Movies I Wanna See! (UPDATED! Recently!)

        LINKS AHOY!

     SEARCH THE NET

 What did you expect, Jeeves?                DVD/FILM        

 

  Roger Ebert on the Movies

[Roger Ebert on the Movies]

      

                   HUMOR                  (oft inappropriate, natch)        

[Something Awful]

 

 

 The Onion, America's Finest News Source[The Onion: This link required by law]

MISC. KNOWLEDGE

G33KY 5+UFF

TheForce.net

TheOneRing.net

TechTV.com

24 Forum

MISCELLANOUS    

FSHB ;-)

Spinsanity

Wil Wheaton      

Brooks's Site

UMBC: Homepage

           Livejournal

           Forums

Amazon.com

Want your link here? All you have to do is ask...

[Blue Ribbon Campaign- STOP CENSORSHIP!]
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

This page is powered by Blogger. No plagiarism, buster, or I'm callin' John Ashcroft!

Thursday, December 26, 2002

 

Wow. So many movies I have to see. Let us review...

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Seen it (only) once so far and I'll probably see it another three or four times in theaters. A must-see for every sentient creature.

Adaptation
Excellent, maniacally structured follow-up to Being John Malkovich, which paired director Spike Jonez and writer Charlie Kaufman. This one's almost as good; I only wish they had gone just a little more crazy! Suggestion: Make The 3! See the movie, and you'll know what I mean. Speaking of Kaufman...

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
This is Charlie's other screenplay that's hitting theaters this month, based on "Gong Show" host Chuck Barris' "unauthorized biography," in which the game show legend of the 70's reveals his life as a CIA assassin. Really! George Clooney directs and has a supporting role, opposite Sam Rockwell, Drew Barrymore, and Julia Roberts. I wanna see this now! I just finished the book a few days ago: couldn't put it down.

Catch Me if You Can
Great director (Spielberg), great cast (DiCaprio, Hanks, and Walken), and what looks to be great little funhouse of a movie. Almost definitely will see.

Gangs of New York
Might or might not see. I hear Daniel Day-Lewis is brilliant as Bill the Butcher. I'm willing to bet that Scorcese will be nominated for the Best Director Oscar, and he'll probably win from the guilt vote (he hasn't won an Oscar, so they'll probably give him the award out of pity, whether or not the film deserves it).

Equilibrium
This one came out early in the month and I never got around to seeing it. I most likely won't be able to. Too bad; while most critics have not taken a liking to this pic, I've heard from geek sources that it's a rather cool melding of Matrixian gunplay and Orwellian dystopia. In other words, Fahrenheit 451 with uzis. I hope the DVD's sweet.

And that's about it. I have little motivation to see Chicago, The Hours, or Antwone Fisher. Everything else out there (About Schmidt, The 25th Hour, The Pianist, etc.) that I would like to see, I probably won't, due to lack of funds. Do I hear "free screenings for critics"? Cool, I'll be there.

0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

_________________________________________________________

Want more coagulated brilliance? (And who doesn't?) Then go to the archives and read the oldies to your heart's content. Don't like this blog? Click here to move on to another... Come on back now, ya hear?