Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Open links in new window

ARCHIVES

Feedback?...

EMAIL ME or AOL IM ME  

No more format wars!

No More Petitions!

Retriever Weekly Articles

Movies I Wanna See! (UPDATED! Recently!)

        LINKS AHOY!

     SEARCH THE NET

 What did you expect, Jeeves?                DVD/FILM        

 

  Roger Ebert on the Movies

[Roger Ebert on the Movies]

      

                   HUMOR                  (oft inappropriate, natch)        

[Something Awful]

 

 

 The Onion, America's Finest News Source[The Onion: This link required by law]

MISC. KNOWLEDGE

G33KY 5+UFF

TheForce.net

TheOneRing.net

TechTV.com

24 Forum

MISCELLANOUS    

FSHB ;-)

Spinsanity

Wil Wheaton      

Brooks's Site

UMBC: Homepage

           Livejournal

           Forums

Amazon.com

Want your link here? All you have to do is ask...

[Blue Ribbon Campaign- STOP CENSORSHIP!]
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

This page is powered by Blogger. No plagiarism, buster, or I'm callin' John Ashcroft!

Sunday, June 02, 2002

 

True story:
Yesterday, I found myself wandering through Waldenbooks in the Columbia Mall when I came upon a great find: all three Calvin & Hobbes Treasuries (The aptly titled Essential, the Indispensable, and the Authoritative C&H) and The Prehistory of The Far Side on a super-cheap sale- only about 6 or 7 bucks a pop. So as I was checking out, the cashier girl caught me off guard with one of those "preferred reader" annual membership things.

Before I could get a word in edgewise (I tried to tell her that I don't really buy books that often and I had just checked out a huge load of books from the library, to no avail...), she starts coming onto me, right then and there. I should have resisted, but her feminine wiles were too strong for me. She's like, "Oh, I need to sell 6 of these today, and I've only sold 1 so far." [note: it was about 11:00 o'clock btw] "Pleeeeeeeeeeease, you don't want to say no to a cutie *blush* like me." [almost an exact quote] Meanwhile, my bud, the natural ladykiller GWPSW*, is snickering, egging her on. With friends like these... :-)
*AKA The Engineer formerly known as Willy Schott

I was a deer caught in the headlights, with no place to run. And she was right: I didn't want to say no, not to her at least. "It will only be $7, instead of the normal $10." *Sigh* ... This always happens to me. Some pretty girl gives me the hard sell, somehow knowing that I would pay up and she'd get the bonus. It seems I'm walking around with a sign that says, "Saleswomen: hit on me and reap the benefit$." I like to imagine if I had used similar tactics while working at The Tag...

Me: "Excuse me, miss. Has anyone talked to you about the benefits of getting our Performance Service Plan with that Playstation2? We really recommend it because...
She: "I don't really have a lot of extra money to spend, so..."
Me: [pout lips, wink a few times] "C'mon, baby. You think I'm hot, don'cha? So why don'cha help me out here a little... You're not gonna say no to a stud like me, are you honey?"...
*SLAP*
I lose my job and get hit with a sexual harrassment suit. (Not necessarily in that order.)
Now isn't that a sexist double-standard? You be the judge. :-)

0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

_________________________________________________________

Want more coagulated brilliance? (And who doesn't?) Then go to the archives and read the oldies to your heart's content. Don't like this blog? Click here to move on to another... Come on back now, ya hear?