Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Open links in new window

ARCHIVES

Feedback?...

EMAIL ME or AOL IM ME  

No more format wars!

No More Petitions!

Retriever Weekly Articles

Movies I Wanna See! (UPDATED! Recently!)

        LINKS AHOY!

     SEARCH THE NET

 What did you expect, Jeeves?                DVD/FILM        

 

  Roger Ebert on the Movies

[Roger Ebert on the Movies]

      

                   HUMOR                  (oft inappropriate, natch)        

[Something Awful]

 

 

 The Onion, America's Finest News Source[The Onion: This link required by law]

MISC. KNOWLEDGE

G33KY 5+UFF

TheForce.net

TheOneRing.net

TechTV.com

24 Forum

MISCELLANOUS    

FSHB ;-)

Spinsanity

Wil Wheaton      

Brooks's Site

UMBC: Homepage

           Livejournal

           Forums

Amazon.com

Want your link here? All you have to do is ask...

[Blue Ribbon Campaign- STOP CENSORSHIP!]
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

This page is powered by Blogger. No plagiarism, buster, or I'm callin' John Ashcroft!

Monday, April 07, 2003

 

An unexpected absence.

Yeah, that April 1st post really was a joke. Really. I just don't know why I haven't posted much since. This really is unlike me, but things have been cool the past couple days. Read into that what you will. :-D No seriously though, I'm actually doing things once in a while (and we know that's unhealthy for the upkeep of a blog...), limiting my time online. For example, yesterday and friend and I and her sister went out to a horse farm and worked all day to help these really nice people do some work on their barn. Yeah, that sounds like me, doesn't it? Fun times! I was thinking about posting last night but I had a little studying to do and it was late and I was tired as a dog. (Note: can one simply insert "dog" into any "adj. as a ..." phrase? I think so, however unfair it seems to our canine friends.) Aaaaaaanyway, a very lovely change of pace for yours truly, der vermeister. Why am I talking like this? I'm spitting out words... er, typing them out, quickly, like a man possessed. Hmm... maybe as my aforementioned friend suggested, I'm seriously buzzed from the Mellow Yellow I had for lunch. Or maybe I was the one who suggested it, I dunno. Well now... where was I?

Oh yeah, no TRW article last week, because last week, April 1, marked the illustrious tradition of The Deceiver Weekly, UMBC's favorite goof newspaper. I did write for it (2.5 articles!), but unfortunately, there is no online edition. You'd just have to have been on campus to enjoy it. It's nothing but a UMBC thang... So tomorrow, a new, mostly non-phony issue is deployed, and loathers of satire and parody everywhere rejoice. Bah-humbug, say I! I want a Lampoon-style newspaper every week!

I've read a bunch of online articles that have amused me in some way, but alas, I never got around to commenting upon them. Here's a quickie:
Grohl Gets Behind Killing Joke's 'Axis'
OK, this man MUST be stopped- it's incredible, he's like a studio drummer. Before long, Dave Grohl will be slammin' the skins on every single band's records! Drummers everywhere must take a stand: the encroaching menace of an all-Dave-Grohl-drumming world is too perilous to ignore!

Stolen from my much-noted cousin cyberdrum's profile:
Free Cupholder!

0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

_________________________________________________________

Want more coagulated brilliance? (And who doesn't?) Then go to the archives and read the oldies to your heart's content. Don't like this blog? Click here to move on to another... Come on back now, ya hear?