Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Open links in new window

ARCHIVES

Feedback?...

EMAIL ME or AOL IM ME  

No more format wars!

No More Petitions!

Retriever Weekly Articles

Movies I Wanna See! (UPDATED! Recently!)

        LINKS AHOY!

     SEARCH THE NET

 What did you expect, Jeeves?                DVD/FILM        

 

  Roger Ebert on the Movies

[Roger Ebert on the Movies]

      

                   HUMOR                  (oft inappropriate, natch)        

[Something Awful]

 

 

 The Onion, America's Finest News Source[The Onion: This link required by law]

MISC. KNOWLEDGE

G33KY 5+UFF

TheForce.net

TheOneRing.net

TechTV.com

24 Forum

MISCELLANOUS    

FSHB ;-)

Spinsanity

Wil Wheaton      

Brooks's Site

UMBC: Homepage

           Livejournal

           Forums

Amazon.com

Want your link here? All you have to do is ask...

[Blue Ribbon Campaign- STOP CENSORSHIP!]
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

This page is powered by Blogger. No plagiarism, buster, or I'm callin' John Ashcroft!

Friday, March 28, 2003

 

This is a great story:
Bank Error In My Favor: Collect $95,000

excerpt:
As usual, there was a line at the ATM machine, which was attached to the dirty brown exterior of First Interstate’s Haight Street branch. Several homeless people sat on the concrete asking for change. My pockets were empty.

I really hadn't thought the deposit through. It was the little things that tickled my fancy. First having to key in seven digits for my deposit amount. Then having to fill out a deposit slip and prepare my check. I almost endorsed the back, but then thought to myself, "What for?" Instead, I drew a smiley face where the signature should be and wrote, "Have a Nice Day!" Then, thinking the machine would probably just shred this deposit, I scrolled it into the mouth of the machine. But it did not shred it, or spit it back. It ate it up, like a cat licking cream. Quickly it was gone. To me, this was really, really funny. Laughing out loud, I turned to the person waiting behind me and declared, "The ATM just took Monolopy money! Now I'm fake-rich!"

Then, for the first time in as long as I could remember, I walked away from my bank laughing. For the briefest of seconds, as a skate boarded on the corner of Stanyon and Carl Street passed me by, I thought what I'd done might be a tad bit juvenile, but I got over it in a step. What I'd done passed the true test of good humor: it was perfectly harmless.

...


A really funny read. But for some reason, this guy seems to have all the credibility of Chuck Barris. That's just me, I suppose, being suspicious. ;-)

0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

_________________________________________________________

Want more coagulated brilliance? (And who doesn't?) Then go to the archives and read the oldies to your heart's content. Don't like this blog? Click here to move on to another... Come on back now, ya hear?